Monday, May 3, 2010

Sticky Situations



I have always kind of liked staying home alone. You can pretty much do whatever you want because you're parents aren't home. And when you have friends over, there are many fun things that you can think of that you can do.

A few years ago, Tanae came over to my house and my whole family left to go do something fun. So Tanae and I decided that we would call people. We called like everyone that you can think of. While we were talking to them, we were eating marshmellows outside on our little porch. While we were outside eating our marshmellows, we had the brilliant idea of seeing if our marshmellows would stick to the window. So we would suck on the marshmellows and then throw them at the windows and they would stick. That was pretty fun. Then we went back inside and we wanted to see if we could throw the marshmellows at our really tall windows and see if they would stick. Well, they did. They were stuck on our tallest windows and we had no idea how to get them down. But the good thing was that they were low enough on the windows that you couldn't see them. But only when you were standing where we were. So we just decided that we weren't going to say anything to anybody when they all got home.

So while we were waiting for everyone to still come home, we decided to stop throwing marshmellows and we decided to roast them over our stove. That was fun and they were good. After a little while of roasting marshmellows, I decided that I wanted to start mine on fire. So I was roasting another marshmellow and turned around to watch some TV.

After a minute or two, Tanae started screaming and jumped off of the chair she was sitting on and ran over by our fridge. I turned around to see what the heck was happening and my marshmellow was on fire! I felt so accomplished because I achieved my goal. But I was scared and didn't know what to do but I finally got the fire out. That was pretty exciting.

My parents came home shortly after that and then they took Tanae back to her house. We were all just sitting around on the couches and my mom decided she wanted to go upstairs for something. While she was walking up the stairs, she decided to look out the big windows that are right across our stairs. Then she saw the marshmellows. She was kind of mad and asked us all who threw the marshmellows on the window. She started blaming it on Austin and he told her that he didn't do it and he thought it was Tanae. Then I told my mom that it wasn't Tanae because I was with her the whole time and she would never do that. I don't know if my mom knew that it was us or not but she made my dad go get a ladder and get the marshmellows off. So ever since then, I decided that I would not throw marshmellows at places that I couldn't reach.

0 comments: