Tuesday, April 27, 2010

After Party



When David Archuletta came to concert in Idaho Falls, I wasn't able to go to the concert but my sister told me that he was going to have an after party at the Rex in Rexburg afterwords. I was very excited and Belen, Hannah, and I decided we wanted to go. We got there about 30 minutes early and waited for them to let us in. We could go bowling for like a way good discount and there were a lot of fun things that we could do but we decided that we wanted to be in the very front of the little stage that he was going to be singing on. So when we finally got in, we pretty much ran to the little stage and we were in the very front and we did not move. There was a cool DJ there that was playing a whole bunch of songs while we were waiting for David. We became friends with him and he let us win a few of the games that he did and Belen and I even got to dance and sing on stage. It was so much fun!
At around 11:00 in the p.m, David Osmond came and sang. Belen and I made a little heart with our hands and he poked his finger through it. It was awesome! And the David Archuletta's brother, Daneil, even sang. He was pretty good.

While this was going on, I kept calling my mom to see if we could stay a little longer because David wasn't even there yet and we wanted to stay and see him. So after the tenth time calling her, she finally said we could stay and see him, but we had to come home right after. I excitedly agreed so we stayed.

Sadly, David never came. But the upside was that we met and got pictures kissing Daniel, David Osmond, and DJ Dub Dee on the cheek. And after that, we decided to go home so my mom wouldn't be too mad.

On our way home, we were trying to get home as fast as we can so our parents would be happy, and I still had to take Belen all the way to Rigby to her dad's house. We were going about 42 mph's on Main Street, passed a car. After the car turned around and turned on its lights, we realized it was a cop. We pulled into the place by JB's so we weren't right on the road.

The cop came up and asked me to see all of the stuff that they always need to see. We gave all of it to him and then he asked all of us how old we were. I told him I was 16 but i would be turning 17 like the next week, Belen told him he was 17, and then it was Hannah's turn. Her eyes got really big and she looked really scared, so I told him that she was 13. He didn't seem too happy and he asked me if I knew what time curfew was. I was kind of confused but I told him that my curfew was usually 12 o'clock but I called my mom and she said it was fine. (And it was about 2:30 when he picked us up.) He seemed really annoyed and said, "Not home curfew, city curfew." I had no idea that any place in the whole world so said, "They have a curfew?" I think he thought I was retarded and told me that Rexburg's curfew was 12:30.

I felt really retarded and then he asked me what we were doing out so late. I told him the truth and told him that we were at a David Archuletta after party and it just got over and we were on our way home he didn't believe me and said, "Hmm. We'll see" really sarcastically and with a big ol' smirk on his face. Then he left to go write me a ticket.

Once he left, Hannah just started bawling. Belen and I asked her what was wrong and she asked us if we were going to jail. Both Belen and I started laughing and told her we were not going to go to jail but I was going to get a ticket for sure.

The cop came back and found out that I didn't lie to him so he didn't give me a ticket for being out past curfew, but he did give me a ticket for going 42 mph's in a 25 mph zone. That was the 2nd ticket that I ever got and I got the first one only 3 months before. Because of that, I lost my license a short while later.
I got Belen home at about 3:00 in the a.m and Hannah and I didn't get home til 3:30. The next morning, my mom was mad that we got home so late and she wasn't too thrilled that I got another ticket. Belen's father wasn't too happy that she got home so late either so we were both pretty much under house arrest for the weekend.
It was actually kind of fun because neither of our parents took our phones away so whenever they would leave, we would secretly call each other. And both of our parents seemed to be gone at about the same time. That was definitely a weekend that I will never forget.

0 comments: