Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My First Time


I loved my first year of rodeo. It was so much fun. I did the barrels and the queen contest. I borrowed a horse from Abby Burtenshaw and she helped me A LOT! But my favorite part about the entire year of rodeo was probably up at Districts. Hunter went up there with her mom so we hung out like the whole time. It was so much fun! The hotel we were staying at had the river right behind it so we would go out there and just hang out. While we were there, we had a few interesting/embarrassing experiences. I kind of had a stalker friend while I was there that wouldn't leave me alone. He was EVERYWHERE that I was. It was kind of weird. He was also staying at the same hotel that I was and he was also in the room right by the one I was staying in as well. And while Hunter was with me, we were eating some grapes that my mom bought from the store. We ate quite a few and my mom told us to stop eating them or bad things would happen. Our window was kind of open and Hunter and I were on our way outside and I told my mom something really embarrassing while I was opening the door. When I opened the door all the way, my stalker was standing right there roping a dummy and he heard every word that we all said. That was way fun. So we just walked right by and I didn't even dare look at him.

But that wasn't the only embarrassing thing that happened. When I used to ride, I would wear some thing on my legs under my pants so my saddle wouldn't rub on the inside of my knees. So after one of the rodeos, Hunter and I went back to my trailer and I rolled my pant legs up and I took off my little leg protector things. We were going to go out of the trailer and Hunter asked me if I was going to roll my pants back down. I didn't want to because we were just going to get in our pickup and go back to our hotel. I should have listened to her. I opened the door of the trailer, with my pants still rolled up looking like a crazy person, and two cute guys walked by and saw me and they kind of started laughing. Hunter started laughing to so i closed the trailer door and rolled my pants back down. That was also another memorable experience.

After we got back to our hotel, Hunter and I decided we wanted to go sit in the hot tub. We got our swimming suites on, put our boots on and headed out for the hot tub. When we were leaving, my mom and Hannah were also leaving so they could go to Subway and get themselves some delicious sandwiches. At the time, Hunter and I didn't know that we had to have a key to get into the hot tub. So we walked all the way over there and realized that we needed a key. After we realized that, we ran back to our room hoping that my mom and hannah would somehow be there still. We got back to my room and they were gone. We were locked out of everywhere. While we were waiting, Monty Johnson drove up. Apparently he was staying in the same hotel that I was. He got out of the car, looked at us funny, and asked us what we were up to. We told him we wanted to go swimming but we were locked out. Being the saint that he is, he told us he would let us borrow his key but it turned out that he let Stephen borrow his key because he went with some of his other friends to their hotel. So we decided to go back to the other side of the hotel where my room was because we felt kind of retarded. We were locked out for about thirty mins until my mom and Hannah came back with some food. We told them everything that happened while they were laughing at us so we decided to eat our food and then go sit in the hot tub while we tried not to think too much about everything that just had happened to us.

0 comments: