Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Joy of Student Teachers



When I was a Freshman, I was so excited to take Teen Living. Why might you ask? So I could take Foods of course! Ever since I was in grade school I always dreamed about taking all of those fun classes. And when I was finally a Freshman in high school, I could finally take Teen Living. I was so excited it wasn't even funny! I felt all sorts of grown up. And I was taking it with some of my favorite people in the whole world.

The first day we started that class, Mrs. Bunce told us that we would be having a student teacher teaching our class. We were all really excited because the student teacher was really nice.

Throughout the semester, we would always do fun things. We made quilts, aprons, and good food. We also learned about budgeting and a whole bunch of other stuff that wasn't quite as fun. But we would always joke around and everything so that made it so much more fun.

On one of the days, the student teacher brought us all toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, and all that fun stuff from Dr. Bauers office and talked to us about how it was important for us to take care of ourselves.

She started handing all of us the stuff and when she got to me, she handed me the toothpaste and I looked at it and asked her what it was. She got the funniest look on her face and thought I was being totally serious and didn't even know what to say. Bryce looked at her, then at me, then back at her and told her I was totally kidding. It was so funny though because she really thought I had no idea what toothpaste was.

The rest of the year was so much fun with our student teacher and we were all sad when she left. Sometimes I wish she were still here because then I would take all of the fun classes from her.

0 comments: